The Ambassador is a three-storey wood-frame 28-suite apartment building located in the popular Uptown District of New Westminster, a half-block from the City’s core. Built in 1967, the property is very clean and well maintained featuring a suite mix of six bachelor, 18-one bedroom and 4-two bedroom suites. Other highlights include elevator, surface/covered parking, storage and balconies. Cable TV and parking included in rent.
The subject is extraordinarily well located in a quiet residential neighbourhood called “Brow of the Hill” in New Westminster’s Uptown District. Situated on the west side of Ash Street at the end of a cul-de-sac, the property is a half-block from Moody Park and Royal City Centre which is characterized by its retail amenities, financial institutions, office buildings, restaurants and strip retail facilities. Douglas College, Royal Towers Hotel and BC Transit also in close proximity.
- 28-suite wood-frame building improved on a 15,682 sq. ft. site
- Constructed in 1967
- Clean and well maintained with no deferred maintenance
- Nice inviting lobby with a retro look
- Convenient Uptown New Westminster location in quiet cul-de-sac, a half block from City’s core
- Parking stalls: 28 (11 surface; 12 underground; 3 covered)
- Laundry room: 2 washers/2 dryers leased
- Balconies/patios for all suites
- Storage room: 28 lockers
- Additional storage: 3 garages converted to secure storage room (approved by City)
- Security: 2 cameras
- Mail delivered to individual suites by Canada Post
- Elevator service
- Gas-fired furnace
- Ongoing and extensive program of capital upgrades
- Parking and Cable TV included in rent
- Heatpex re-circulation line (2011)
- Re-piping (2005)
- New carpet common areas (2009)
- Grundfos re-circulation pump for boiler (2013)
- Upgrades to approx. 70% of suites (19/28 suites): new lights, decorative switches and plugs, laminate flooring or carpet and paint, new sinks, toilets, shower tile replacements with new hardware, fridges, stoves and updated kitchen cabinets/countertops
- Roof (approx. 2004)
- Booster fan for venting
- New pump on furnace
- Electrical breakers in suites (2009)
For a current rent roll & expense statement, click here.
Lots 10 and 11 of Lot 9 Suburban Block 10 Plan 2620
Treat as clear title.
Income and Expenses
|Net Operating Income:
||Avg. sq. ft.